Diploma in Architectural CAD
The course objective is to teach the students the basic commands necessary for professional 2D CAD drawing, design, and drafting using a 2D drafting tool. Even students with no previous CAD experience can progress quickly through this course which is arranged in a sequence that is easy to understand. Participants will learn CAD fundamentals and the capabilities in 2D drawing, creating effective 3D modeling, interior & exterior building designs and the concept called BIM.
The course introduces to the essential concepts of 3D computer graphics and animation. It will enable students to migrate from 2D design to 3D design and animations. The course will help to create photorealistic images, and walkthrough animations in multimedia, architectural interiors and exteriors.
Expected Learning Outcome
After completing this course, students will be able to;
- Navigate the interface comfortably
- Use the fundamental features and precision drafting tools in AutoCAD to develop accurate Technical drawings
- Present drawings in a detailed and visually impressive manner
- Navigate the 3ds Max interface and access all its commands
- Basic animation techniques
- To understand the major functional areas
- Primarily scene creation, materials and texturing, lighting, and rendering
AutoCAD + Revit Architecture Auto CAD + 3ds Max
After completing the course students can be employed as a draughts-person in;
- Architectural firms
- Manufacturing units
- Construction Industry
- Engineering services outsourcing firms.
- Set modeler
- Interior and exterior Designer
- Visuals effects Artist
- Texturing and background Artist
- Design visualization Artist
- Lighting Artist
- Event Designer
Books to be Given
- CADD Reference Guide Volume 1
- CADD Reference Guide Volume 2
- Max for Engineers / Architects Reference guide
- Revit Architecture Reference Guide
+94 11 2 611612, +94 77 3261026
260/24A, Depot Road , Katubedda , Moratuwa
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).