MCSA – WIN/SERVER 2016 (70-740)
This intermediate level certification course addresses all of the concepts, terminology, and technology covered in the first of three exams for the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 MCSA certification. It is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing storage and compute by using Windows Server 2016, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016. The actual purpose for this course is to prepare our students for the Microsoft 70-740 - Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 exam.
The average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $69,077 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to;
- Prepare and install Nano Server, a Server Core installation, and plan a server upgrade and migration strategy
- Describe the various storage options, including partition table formats, basic and dynamic disks, file systems, virtual hard disks, and drive hardware, and explain how to manage disks and volumes
- Describe enterprise storage solutions, and select the appropriate solution for a given situation
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V, and configure virtual machines
- Deploy, configure, and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Describe the high availability and disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server 2016
- Plan, create, and manage a failover cluster
- Implement failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and plan for an NLB implementation
- Create and manage deployment images
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations
This course is intended for;
- IT professionals who have some experience working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a course that covers storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to storage and compute for Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies, and who want to learn more about the storage and compute features in Windows Server 2016.
Before attending this course, students must have;
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10
Suggested prerequisites courses
+94 11 4 848481, +94 75 3333975
No 31 1/2, 42nd Lane , Colombo 06
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).