Civil Engineering NVQ Level 5 & 6
National Diploma in Construction Technology at NVQ Level 5.
Course Objective (Purpose Of this Qualification)
This qualification is for persons working or planning to work in the construction industry. A person with this qualification will be able to carry out a range of construction work at technician level including planning and organizing work sites construction of buildings, roads and highways, water supply and irrigation.
Sector Technical Competencies
- Conduct field investigations, surveys & tests required for feasibility studies for construction work
- Monitor Usage, storage and transportation of construction
- Set out structures/works
- Supervise construction of sub structures and retaining walls
- Organize the site
- Plan construction activities
- Supervise construction activities of super structure of buildings
- Supervise construction activities of roads/highways and bridges
- Supervise construction activities of water supply, drainage and sewerage
- Supervise construction activities of irrigation work F45T001U10
- Prepare Bill of Quantities, develop budgets & estimates
- Supervise finishing work
- Manage work place information
- Manage work place communication
- Plan work to be performed in the workplace
- A National Certificate at NVQ Level 3 or higher in one of the following occupations :
- Carpenter Building, Mason, Plumber, Industrial Plumber
One Year + Three Months OJT
(For Level 5, A - Level students will undergo a one year bridge course consisting of technical skills training (approx 7 - 8 months) and OJT (appox 4 - 5 months)
+94 21 2 060137, +94 21 4 927799
Ariviyal Nagar , Kilinochchi
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).