Diploma in Aviation Studies
The Diploma in Aviation Studies Programme is your opportunity to be a leader among the next generation of professionals of the world's most fascinating industry.
This is the first course of its kind offered by a state institution and our sincere aim is to fulfil the higher educational aspirations of at least a limited number of the vast population of A/L qualified youngsters. It is also a part of our contribution towards achieving the national objectives of making Sri Lanka a knowledge hub and an aviation hub.
Our aim is to produce dynamic, qualified, result oriented professionals to fill the supervisory, junior executive and lower level managerial positions in the fast growing and diverse national civil aviation industry and its allied trades
What You Would Get by Following this Programme
- A broad understanding of the aviation industry, both national and international, how it contributes towards the economy, and how it is regulated
- Ability to interface and interact with any person, group or organization connected with the aviation industry and its allied trades in a professional manner
- Ability to select appropriate analytical techniques and apply them effectively to solve unique problems in airport/airline operations and those in related disciplines that are frequently encountered at junior managerial level
- Ability to source decision support information, to present them in a manner that facilitates effective decision making and to convince
- Ability to maintain and promote good customer relations conducive for business in a highly customer oriented industry through the display of professional conduct of the highest calibre
This is a full time study programme of approximately 8 months duration consisting of 2 courses with an industrial attachment sandwitched between them. The last part of the programme will be an in-facility-training where you will get a first hand opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills gained during the programme in real industrial settings, under guidance.
The medium of instruction will be English.
You may enroll in this programme;
- if you have passed the G.C.E A/L Examination (or have an equivalent secondary level educational qualification) AND
- have at least a credit pass for English at the G.C.E. O/L Examination
(AASL may at its own discretion, accept other qualifications indicative of sufficient proficiency in the English language that is required to follow a study programme in English.)
+94 11 2 624841, +94 11 2 634763
64, Kandawala Road , Ratmalana
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).