Higher National Diploma in Software Engineering
This programme is designed for individuals wishing to pursue careers as Software Engineering professionals as Quality Assurance Engineers, Software Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers etc…
Students employ with the latest technologies and programming languages and to develop a sound theoretical understanding and in-depth practical experience of designing, constructing and modifying a wide range of software systems.
This programme includes training in personal and professional skills to help students to communicate effectively and to make a positive contribution in a mixed ability working environment.
Opportunities exist within the programme to take industrial examinations such as Cisco, Microsoft and Sun Java certifications.
At the end of this programme, students will be competent in the skills and disciplines needed to succeed in the world of Software Technology in industries such as Software Deve lopment, Banking, Airline , Telecommunication etc…
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Information Technology
- Unit 2 - Database Management Systems
- Unit 3 - Programming Technology - I (VB.Net)
- Unit 4 - Data Communication and Network Engineering - I
- Unit 5 - System Analysis and Design
- Unit 6 - Network Engineering - II (LAN, WAN)
- Unit 7 - Web Development Techniques - I (HTML, XML and ASP)
- Unit 8 - Programming Technology - II Advanced Programming(JAVA)
- Unit 9 - Web Development Techniques - II (Windows, Apache, MySql, Php)
- Unit 10 - Mathematics for Computing
- Unit 11 - Programming - III (Java II)
- Unit 12 - Software Development Project - I
- Unit 13 - Network Engineering - III (Wireless Networks)
- Unit 14 - Software Engineering
- Unit 15 - Software Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Unit 16 - Software Development Project - II
- Minimum 6 credits passes including Mathematics and English in G.C.E. (O/L) – with sufficient knowledge in Information Technology at secondary level.
- Minimum 3 passes at G.C.E. (A/L) or Certificate in Information Technology from recognised institution or professional body.
+94 77 3596594
No 51, Sir Earnest De Silva Mawatha , Colombo 07
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).