IATA / UFTAA Foundation
The 13 modules contained within the Foundation Level will provide an understanding of the travel professional's role in this industry, the importance of exceeding customer expectations, and the role of technology in the travel industry.
In addition, the student will become familiar with related subjects such as industry regulations, codes, world geography, air fares and ticketing, visa and health requirements, as well as tour programmes.
Earn a diploma and start your career with the Foundation course's complete three-in-one package;
- Air fares and ticketing including e-ticketing
- GDS training AMADEUS , SABRE, WORLDSAPN , GALILEO
- In-depth travel industry general knowledge
How You Will Benefit
- Make appropriate travel arrangements and reservations
- Calculate and quote appropriate air fares
- Complete international travel documents in accordance with the applicable IATA rules and procedures
- Be on the leading edge for 2007 e-ticketing global implementation
- Answer customers' queries, quote rates and supplements, explain conditions and book tour products
- Acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure that your front-line contact with the customer is outstanding
- Understand the role of information technology - Global Distribution Systems and the Internet
- Students who wish to have a career in the travel industry
- Junior travel consultants
- Airline personnel
- Tour operators who deal regularly with travel agents
- Personnel of large companies responsible for making travel arrangements
- Travel Agencies that hire employees who hold the IATA / UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Foundation Diploma meet one of the requirements towards becoming IATA-accredited agencies.
- The Travel & Tourism Industry and the Travel Professional
- Geography in Travel Planning 1
- Travel Formalities
- Land Transport - Rail 1
- Water Transport - Ferry
- Land Transport - Car and Camper
- Tour Packages 1
- Air Transport Essentials
- Support Services
- Customer Service
- Technology in the Travel Industry 1
- Air Fares and Ticketing
- Air Fares and Ticketing
- GDS Electronic Booking Tools
Global Distribution Systems training. Choose between Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre or Abacus. *Minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory.
The 13 modules in the Foundation Level will provide you with an understanding of the travel and tourism industry, the practicalities of the travel professional's role in this industry, the importance of exceeding customer expectations, and the role of technology in the travel industry.
In addition, you will become familiar with related subjects such as industry regulations, codes, world geography, air fares and ticketing including e-ticketing, visa and health requirements, as well as tour programmes.
For self-study students, about 170 hours of intensive study are required to complete the Foundation course. Students studying at an IATA Authorized Training Centre could expect a longer period of study.
By successfully completing the two-paper examination*, you will become qualified as a holder of the IATA / UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Foundation Diploma and will be entitled to add the designation "DTTF" (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Foundations) after your name.
LKR 110,000 (6 Installments LKR 15000 + 20000 +20000 + 20000 + 20000 +15000)
The GDS Electronic Booking Tools CD-ROM-based module requires the following minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory
- Secondary/High School Leaving Certificate/Diploma
- Good Math
- Good English Skills
+94 11 2657342, +94 77 7331150
11, Arthur's Place , 4th Floor , Colombo 04
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).