Certificate in PC Hardware Engineering
The programme aims at providing hardware technicians with a versatile knowledge in the computer hardware field. For practical sessions, a separate lab has been provided to enable students to get hands-on training on assembling and disassembling of different types of PC’s, Troubleshooting, Formatting, installing and configuring Windows XP, Windows 2008 server, Windows 7 & Linux, etc.
Main Objective of this course is to establish Computer Hardware Technicians who are capable of configuring computer system for usage starting from identifying customer requirements through giving a lifelong service to a customer.
- Ideally for those that wish to receive a complete and comprehensive knowledge about maintaining PC hardware and software configurations.
- The Total Computer System
- Introduction to PC Hardware
- Identify Hardware Components
- Motherboard Components & Bus Architecture
- The CPU Evolution & Architecture
- Types of RAM
- Identifying different types of Expansion cards
- Assembling and Disassembling of Different Types of PC’s
- Hard disk architecture
- Preparing the Hard disk drive to Install System Software
- Installing and Configuring Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 7 & Linux
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance
+94 11 7 572572
No.03 , De Fonseka Place , Colombo 04
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).