Diploma in PC Hardware Engineering & Networking
The programme aims at providing hardware technicians and Network Administrators with a versatile knowledge in the computer hardware and networking field.
Main Objective of this course is to establish Computer Hardware Technicians and Network administrators who are capable of configuring computer system/ network for usage starting from identifying customer requirements through giving a lifelong service to a customer.
Ideally for those that wish to receive a complete and comprehensive knowledge about maintaining PC hardware, software and Network configurations.
This programme has been divided into 2 modules:
- Module 1 : Certificate in PC Hardware Engineering
- Module 2 : Certificate in Network Administration
Module 1 : Certificate in PC Hardware Engineering
- The Total Computer System
- Introduction to PC Hardware
- Identify Hardware Components
- Motherboard Components & Bus Architecture
- The CPU Evolution & Architecture
- Types of RAM
- Identifying different types of Expansion cards
- Assembling and Disassembling of Different Types of PC’s
- Hard disk architecture
- Preparing the Hard disk drive to Install System Software
- Installing and Configuring Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 7 & Linux
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance
Module 2 : Certificate in Network Administration
- Introduction to Computer Networks
- Different Types of Architectures of Computer Networks
- IP Addressing & Subnetting
- Network Devices
- Designing the Network
- Cable Crimping & Testing
- Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2008
- DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Defining Users, Access Levels & Security
- Practical Project
- ESOFT Certification
+94 11 7 572572
No.03 , De Fonseka Place , Colombo 04
Type "REG coursenet" and SEND to 77000
Get latest scholarships, offers & academic event alerts to your phone via SMS.
Service is available for Dialog, Mobitel, Hutch & Airtel users. Monthly (Rs. 30 + tax).