The programme consists of compulsory and optional courses. Each student has to follow the four compulsory courses and one optional course.This programme of study is offered in Sinhala and English.
Evalution includes continuous assessment and final examination.
- Continuous assessment through a specified number of compulsory assignments-Students are required to submit the assignments, which will be graded and returned to them with comments.
- students shall be eligible to sit the final examination in respect of any course only if he/she is awarded a minimum of 40% for the continuous assesssment component in respect of that course.
- Final Examination each course will be evaluated on the basis of a written examination of three hours duration.
- Applicants should be 18 years or over on the closing date of applications.
- Successful completion of the Certificate Programme in Pre-school Education conducted by the OUSL.
- A good knowledge of both spoken and written in the medium of language selected.